Wednesday, March 30

Haven't blogged for years! Why? So, I had my lab talk on 17th which was quite ok. I have some really interesting stuff to show over the next couple of months.
Then soon after I was visited by Ms."SPOS" and have spent the last weekend there getting to know their family better.
Learnt some piano from her 8 year old niece and finally broke my chocolate fast by eating tons of chocolate and making a disastrous brownie. I seem to have very varied results with my brownies. I made one some time ago and it was a beaut! Have taken a photo with it which I shall put up soon.

Anyway, a friend of mine has had family affected in the Indonesian earthquake on Nias. His family was in Nias and I pray that his family is well. I feel horrible sitting here comfortably ensconed in life in Oxford, eating out, going to the lab, watching movies. Its like a cocoon and often it seems I live in another universe. You know how we complain about Americans not knowing anything beyond America, I sort of understand that. It is really difficult to imagine and to a certain extent empathise with the situation in Indonesia. It is very hard to fathom and relate to the difficulties of daily living in that part of the world, and if I cant begin to feel the sufferings of these unlucky people, it must be close to impossible for Americans to.

What is wrong with that country? What is wrong with the world? How can you subject one region to so much grief and sadness? Why there is such inequality to children? why are some children born into wealth and comfort while others are left desolate and orphaned even before they are old enough to walk? - Is this what they mean by Karma?

This is for all the times I spent at home listening to Bujul's "noise"
What else could I write
I don't have the right
What else should I be
All apologies

No comments: