Sunday, December 17

Cricket

Am watching the cricket. India have scored 225 for the loss of 9 wickets with an effective with a lead of 400. This is surely the chance that India need to win their first test in SA. VRV Singh is playing a cameo but has been run out very stupidly. This was not needed but anyway seems ok. We have one over before lunch. The aim really is to get some quick wickets. WE have just got the first wicket – fourth ball of the first over and the only over before lunch.

Brilliant. I am really happy I decided to come to college early in the morning to watch some cricket. Its been a long time since I woke up early to watch cricket. I did this for the 2003 India- Australia series. We had the Aussie and Indian Rhodies getting together in the Martin Building to watch Sky TV at 2am. It was great because the series turned out really well. India were amazingly competitive in the entire series with Ganguly setting the tone with a gutsy 100.

Plan for today :

Buy Secret Santa gift

Get things ready to send off stuff tomorrow – GMC,USMLE and Fogarty application.

Write discussion for paper.

Wash clothes

Blackwells First AID

I went to someone’s place for dinner yesterday. I met her rather strangely. JVZS was exploring a romantic liaison with the lady and invited her around for my experimental idli dinner. The idli was half steamed – and disgusting. I couldn’t eat it and the entire dinner went downhill from there. Anyway, we kept in touch and yesterday was payback dinner which was far better than anything I could have cooked. We ended up watching X factor finals which was won by Leona. 17 year old from East London with an incredible voice, terribly shy and a lack of personality - India have just got Smith!! 2 down – 8 to go. I was ready to leave but am going to stay behind for another few overs. I do want to watch India win their first test in SA!! WOW!!

Is this ridiculous? I consider myself a level-headed character, unexcitable and yet I am really into this test match and rooting for India. I wish we win because it will be such a boost to the team after the ODI disaster. I can’t explain why I get so caught up with India’s sporting exploits! I just think we need to spruce up our act. I am annoyed at the fact that we cant produce decent sportsman despite our talent pool. Why cant the stupid government do anything about it? - SA lose third wicket!! – Amla out to Sreesanth, caught behind to a lovely ball.

Well done Sreesanth. Sreesanth is a real character. Reminds me very much of AI in Oxford. Mad dude – totally unpredictable, fast but unruly. Passionate with no inhibitions to demonstrate it. Now, they have DADA bowling. What is Rahul dravid thinking? I mean, Ganguly bowls at 115kph, that’s like me bowling fast. Kallis has just picked up two fours easily and I think this is releasing some of the pressure.

No comments: