Saturday, April 9

Old Friends

I did something fantastic today. I called up my long-lost sister - the one whose b'day I forgot. Being the lovely sister she is, she forgave me instantly and then proceeded to bring me upto date on all our school friends. I would just love to go back to Delhi now....

Anyway, so my dear friends "Motherliness" and "Geisha" are desparately looking for husbands. They are facing the new middle age crisis facing well educated, ambitious Indian women who cant find a single man out there. So, if any of you know of a nice young(<28 preferably Punjabis or Mathurs) men please let me know.

Other interesting gossip from my past. "Motherliness" says if there was anyone she could marry among us all it might be her orchid loving friend,"Geish" tries setting herself up with "Vishnu" (refer to this) but rejects him because he ordered Lassi for dinner, "Discipline" is getting married to school second sweetheart "Limited" but it all hush hush and I am not supposed to tell and Mr.Film Maker with streaked red hair proposed to "Geisha". Why am I never in the happening place??

I feel elated that all my friends are leading such interesting lives, which I can now cash on and make into a leading soap opera. It seems only yesterday that all of us were in school in blue shirts and pants, laughing, singing with not a care in the world except board exams and everyone's love lives. I dont think I would ever be able to see all of them outside that picture, somehow we are all the same, never really changed although all of us have tried to change, but somehow I feel that we have come one big circle. No doubt, we are different people now, but we are interlinked and bound in the same ways that we always were...

Ok, enough of the senti sob story. Feeling on a high after speaking to both my sisters. One married and planning to have kids on her Europe trip( very excited about her coming here) and the other planning to get married despite parental opposition.

Thats how I am feeling right now:

Such a feelin's comin' over me
There is wonder in most everything
I seeNot a cloud in the sky
Got the sun in my eyesAnd
I won't be surprised if it's a dream

1 comment:

Gamesmaster G9 said...

Hey Saranya - I've linked to your blog from mine. Is it OK if I use your name, or are you perticularly concerned about preserving anonymity?