Saturday, April 14

I cant take it anymore. I am sick of reading my first year medical stuff and not remembering anything. What difference does it make to the world if fructose 1,6 -phosphatase is part of the gluconeogenesis cycle or glycogen synthesis cycle.

My life is entirely futile. I will write a thesis on adenoviruses and no one in the world will care about it. The only reason for writing the thesis is to get a degree which means nothing. Its like a badge of achievement which you keep collecting as you go through a life and career which finally results in meaningless, mundane existence focussed on making enough money to send your kids through college.

It might be because I am growing older or perhaps that I am doing too many things at the same time, but surely there must be more to life than writing some papers or worrying about your next job? I am slowly coming to believe that no one who is successful, as defined by present day norms, is actually happy. They are simply manic- depressives who flit between periods of contentment and bouts of frustration and despair. I wish we could just stop the world for a second and ask people where they are going and why?

Perhaps we have only one function - to procreate. simple, focused objective. procreate and make sure that your progeny survive.

Perhaps, we are here to save the world? perhaps, we are here to enjoy?what joy? perhaps, it is time to find what excites us truly and do it? Perhaps, this is my midlife crisis - my dark side,my "brooding side" as the Little One calls it? Maybe I need a delhi GK park talk? hmmm.......

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

Yeah, sure but what do I stare at?


4 comments:

Shreyas said...

There is but one foolproof way to bring meaning to life. Abandon Cat Stevens, James Blunt and whatever other disastrous music is in your possession and start the Maiden chant...to begin with.

I will come and take over after that.

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like your writing a thesis...

Bug said...

Aww.. Its hard to go through medicine once and its crazy to have to go through it all again. Believe me I can understand you. It's way better to go nuts on your own though, than take a spouse down with you (like in my case) :D..
So, I think you are doing great.. keep at it!

rta said...

i'd be worried if you didn't go thru this phase once in a while! am truly relieved that son is normal... good to let off steam- go listen to some music