Thursday, August 19

Lab days

I have decided to make this blog my lab diary, something on which I can base a book twenty years into the future.

So, today I reached the lab late, trying to read this paper by Adrian and Anne in Immunological Reviews. Its a useful paper because it outlines all the work and progress made by the lab.
Was hoping to do a lot of work in the lab, but the very thought of doing a Midiprep and a miniprep was too daunting. Finally did a lot of reading and finished the paper and the Miniprep. Am having some difficulty with cloning this CSO.METRAP and METRAP into Ad.
However on the other hand, reading has helped me understand where I am going and how slow I am moving. I have so much immunology to do. I can use Malaria as my model now, because I suspect that they have already sent out the 85A to him, Ian Orme. He will probably also have an idea about E3 and E1 before I do.

Anyway, lets see. Tomorrow is another day, and I have to get there early to set up some MVA titrations for Sarah and Graham Hatch. This has been a horrible experience, but useful as it has brought me into some sort of contact with both Helen and Adrian.


No comments: