Sunday, August 22

Malaria and Sport

Read this article on India's Olympic performance. I would have to agree with almost everything that Shekhar Gupta says, the only problem is that nothing he says is new. It has been repeated often enough, somehow the message is never taken.

Nature has published a Web Focus on Malaria.Its really interesting, and makes you understand and appreciate the enormity of the problem.
Thinking of Malaria... spoke to Chiea today in the lab...and he infused me a shot of vitality and enthusiasm.
Its really important that I start thinking for myself, and about my project. The only way that is going to happen is if I work really hard, and slog my butt off.


Adenoviruses is an exciting area to be working on, for the simple reason that not much work in the lab has been done on it. Important questions would be : Is it a good booster or primer?? Can it induce Memeory T cells?? How can I induce memory T cells?? What other parts of Adeno virus can I remove for it to hold more transgene?? Can I put in certain cytokines with it?? What cytokines?? Does it induce T cells, which T cells?? Is there some way to make it specific to move to a certain organ or region?? Is E3 vital or not?? Will it induce a immunogenic response or not??

So much work to be done, and here I am waiting for A to arrive as he can then help me with the animal work.

Thought for the day :

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. ...


No comments: