Friday, June 24

THE MONSOONS HAVE ARRIVED

I woke up today to be greeted by a grey,cloudy sky. This is in complete contrast to the sunny, blue and clear skies we have had for most of the last fortnight.
So, just as I was beginning to get used to all the sun and slowly revealing my summer wardrobe today hapenned.
Its just a bad day today. My bike broke down yesterday. It finally refused to move unless it was taken care off. My weekend is going to be spent in taking care of it. The tantrums these bikes throw. I remember my motorcycle back home, which began to growl while I was changing gears until I took it for servicing.
So, no bike in the morning. Bus ride in the no.15 to woodfarm.
Then, while we were half way up the hill the clouds finally began to bawl. Just like the first monsoon rains it poured large droplets of rain! Just like home. I got off the bus and by the time I moved three meters for cover under a tree I was drenched. You can hear the rain drumming the ground, smell the damp ground after it has been watered(I love that smell), feel the vibrations of thunder in the background and find yourself completely drenched to the skin. I ran like mad from one shady tree to the next but just like school you finally decide to make a dash for it. I reached the lab dripping with a smile on my face.
My incredulous lab mates thought I was slightly mad! I attempted to explain the emotions associated with dancing in the first monsoon rain but you can't explain such things to people's who pysche commands them to whinge when the first drops of rain begin.

I really wish I was home today. It felt great to just run freely in the pouring rain. I remember how we used to wait for the rain to go out and play football. I wish I could do that now.
Anyway, the lab beckons and I shall answer the call of cloning.

No comments: