Monday, June 20

Sania Mirza wins!!

Yes, Sania Mirza has got through the first round and may I add IN HER FIRST WIMBLEDON!! She beat 71 ranked Akiko Morigami in an epic 3 set battle,6-3,3-6,8-6. Congrats and well done...and please keep it up!!

Other highlights : Federer cruises, Hewitt in devastating form against Rochus. Safin despatched Srichapan in straight sets. I thought this might be THE match of the first day, but such an anti-climax! Srichapan -what has happened to you? I know it was a difficult draw but you could have at least put up a fight.
Upsets : Robredo out, Enqvist out, Suigiyama and Patty Schynder out.

My guesses for the Mens Semis : Federer,Roddick,Safin vs Hewitt QF,Nadal vs Tommy Haas
My guesses for the Women's Semis : I dont rate the women's game very highly normally. Somehow this is the most open wimbledon in years - davenport, williams',belgians, russians.
I shall leave the guessing to the experts - "the little one".(I dont want to be sleeping on the floor again.)

It was a lovely weekend. 32 C and warm, no cloud!!Bujul and I played loads of tennis and then watched a lot of sport. Cricket - Pietersen thrashing Australia, Mexico beating Brazil in the Confederation Cup and dark horse Michael Campbell winning the US open coming from behind to hold his nerves against a resurgent Tiger.

No comments: