Thursday, June 14

Scrivening Day 30

The last few days since arriving has been spent getting used to the 40 degrees heat wave in Delhi. I have spent four years without experiencing anything close to that temperature and it is beginning to tell. Cannot wait for the rains to come. Today is much cooler and it does look like we are going to be treated to some showers.

Anyway, I have lost half of the week in adjusting to jet lag,Delhi and catching up with old friends. The new kid on the block, Vedanth, is the cutest bundle of baby fat I have seen for a long time. He seems unperturbed by strangers,cries very rarely(unless GA or I laugh maniacally) and smiles a adorable toothless grin. I have decided that I shall take him to SF with me. Met MS,GA and D over the last couple of days, so my social life is now complete and will cease to exist. Next week is going to be busy anyway with trips to Kolkotta and the "little One" visiting so must work over the next few days.

Off to Nai Sadak tomorrow to get USMLE CS book which I have yet to start studying for..eeks.. and must finish Chapter 3/4 by Sunday. Hate writing....

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Post a picture of Vedanth! :) Glad you made it home safely! I was going to complain about the awful humidity here in Kentucky, but your 40 degrees heat trumps that any day! Cait is studying for the USMLE CS exam too -- she takes it in July. If you need to rehash anything, I can put you guys in touch! She's driving down in 2 weeks time to bring, Maggie, her dog. I'll be getting Maggie semi-permanently. Well, take care and good luck studying/writing up! Say hi to your family and Antara for me ;)