Wednesday, August 31

Funding

I was looking at the Wellcome Trust website and was amazed to see their budget and their funding opportunities.
I have decided to apply for one of these places soon after I finish my SHO and other things. Its great, I would love to work in India and try and set up a lab there to look at infectious disease vaccine strategies. I really think with the kind of population base that we have, undertaking clinical trials should not be a problem. The real issue there is to find enough funding and be bright enough or be resourceful enough to collaborate with brighter people.
That is the plan,lets see if it pans out!

this is a really good poem about the future saying what I would like to say but better.

My future is uncertain
unforgiving before me is a future
I for which could not chooseno one could choose,
if a god has set a futurefor me I forbid it
I will make my own with so much room
like a blank page so much room to make many mistakes writing
only in pen my mistakes are still seen with obvious embarrassment the mistakes so big, so costly I tear this paper and start with the new
with my future ever so uncertain the paper is still blank with nothing new

- Ian Zeller

No comments: