Wednesday, January 31

oxford libraries

I have decided that before I leave I shall visit and spend one day in every single library in Oxford as long as they provide me entry.
I have spent the day working at Rhodes House, which is a brilliant place to work if you have your books and have all your material. Its quiet, small, stocked with coffee and if you are there on a Wednesday, SP makes cakes.
So, its a perfect place to study. In fact, if you dont need your computer, its brilliant as you have no distractions.
So, I got CV path and Vascular path finished today. Tomorrow, I have tutorials on virology and have to read essays tonight. In the morning its going to be GI path.
The night is going to be spent doing FACS analysis and making figures for my paper.
Friday morning meeting at 11am and then back home for sleep and 5pm- am taking LA to play pool in college.
The evening is going to be spent, most likely, either sleeping or watching the rest of Syrianna or perhaps doing some Q's. I shall never know...

BTW, if you are interested in great pathology websites - WEBpath is really good. Some nice gory pictures and has exams to test yourself.

1 comment:

BeeDee said...

which of the four readers of your blog will look up pathology websites?!!

my biggest complaint about oxford libraries btw, (apart from the general inefficiency), is how cold they are. the rad cam is usually freezing, and the main bod isn't much better. i guess it has to do with age and antiquity. this is the one thing for which i'm quite grateful to my present university, a modern, WARM library!

how was syriana? i've heard it's a really bad film. do a review or something when u've got time.