Wednesday, February 2

Motorsport

Great News!! Narain karthikeyan might finally make it to Formula One. The 28 year old dude is obviously deserving especially after the fact that he was offered a F1 ride by Minardi in 2003 but was unable to garner enough sponsorship.

Here is what he has to say about it.

I believe that this is a good sign. Maybe now the M&M ( money and more money) and attention can be diverted from that all encompassing game of bat and ball.
Dont misunderstand me, I love cricket as much as the next man. Nails are bitten and in one infamous episode benches were burnt(India v Pak, 1999 World Cup).But, I am sick of the accolades and coverage that these guys( and it is only guys)get.

I can only hope that Sania Mirza and now Narain can bring about a mini-revolution in Indian sport with diversion of patronage to other sports like tennis, table tennis, badminton and football.

No comments: