Monday, February 21

Oxford Tourist

Havent blogged in a while simply because I have been flying from one meeting to another. Also, Ms."Paintbrush" was here with her family and was showing them around. Of course, this also provided me with an excuse of touring Oxford, something I haven't done despite spending the better half of two years here.

I was enthralled ( and so was my date) in the Natural History Museum. It was fantasitc. As soon as you enter there are huge reconstructions of dinasours. As my fact obsessed date pointed out, one had 53 teeth while the T.rex had 61! ( 30 in the upper jaw and 31 in the lower). We then waled around to see the stuffed birds. Ostriches with huge ostrich eggs and a frowning, scornful looking albatross. Of course, no natural history museum is complete without a few scary specimens, and the first floor houses a couple of hundred large Malaysian cockroaches, a emperor spider and scorpion and some stick insects. Even housed in a glass cage, they were horribly eerie.

They were some fantastic mineral specimens. Granite, limestone, ammonite, meteorite were galore, but we enjoyed the fluorescing rocks the most. They shone purple, red, green, lilac and blue... it was a gorgeous display.

The day unfortunately was biting cold, even though it was sunny. There was a strong and icy cold wind blowing throught he day which forced us to spend longer than necessary in Cleos. Ms. Paintbrush had a Summer Breeze crepe which as she put it was Deeeliceeouss!! I had to contend with a Forestiere but declined the chocolate crepe free with every savoury crepe. Instead, I had the Crepe Citron which was just too sour for my ( or anyone else's) liking.

Overall, it was a lovely day and I got to walk through Christ Church meadows and have Crepe Citron for the first time!! It was such a lovely day that I thought it was a pity it had to end.
Tennis tomorrow and I only hope I play better than last time.

No comments: