Thursday, May 5

I am back with a vengeance( Batman Returns??). Have been busy since my 25th b'day recovering from the aftershocks of realising that I have spent 25 years on this planet without killing anyone or being killed.
Have also been busy buying prams, baby goods and Winnie the Pooh!!

Check out the one that I bought. Along with this I also bought the following items :
1. Winnie the Pooh
2. Infant carrier toy
3. this

It was a great experience. I went sort of crazy in the baby shop, could have bought close to everything that was there. There was amazing stuff around except that it finally occured to me why this country has the population of just Maharashtra - BABIES ARE EXPENSIVE. Every nappy pack here costs 12 pounds.

What else have I been upto - moving flatmates, FACsing, jabbing and enjoying the lovely weather. I went for a BBQ party on Bank Holiday weekend and it was gorgeous. I usually love parties with friends where there is good food and more talk than loud annoying music, but this one was infested with married Indian doctors (who highlighted the great Indian gender divide) which meant that I( being the only single person there) was horrifically bored. But, I love meeting my host. She is a lovely person, very warm and fun. It was also good to just get out of Oxford, which I must admit after a period of time begins to feel quite stifling.

Other exciting things happening in Oxford included over 100 people jumping off Magdalen bridge on May Day. I can never understand how drunk you must be to try jumping 30 feet into a stream (the Cherwell) 30 inches deep!! 40 people got injured, 10 seriously injured, 4 broke their legs and 1 was left paralysed. It was brought to my notice by my Scout that this was all done by final year Undergraduates with exams in June, which only leaves me marveling at the power of ethanol!!!

Have made myself a truly eclectic playlist featuring Beethoven,Mozart, Nirvan, Guns and Roses and some Bryan Adams. Love listening to it.

No comments: