Friday, May 13

Lists

Watching Lagaan yesterday made me decide to write down my top ten Hindi movie list. They are in no order of preference
1. Lagaan
2. Andaz apna apna
3. Padosan
4. Chupke Chupke
5. Dil Chahta Hai
6. Johnny Mera Naam ( this is my dad's second favourite movie)
7. Teesri Manzil
8. Sholay
9. Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron
10. Jewel Thief

I also finally recieved my FIRST AMAZON purchase. 6 Roald Dahl books. For those of you who have never been exposed to this master of children fiction, he is the greatest writer (in my opinion) of children fantasy.
He was amazingly gifted swinging between the truly macabre and scary books like Tales of the Unexpected to the fantastic,innocent and truly fantasimal BFG(Big Friendly Giant). Some of his best books are those he wrote for children :
Matilda , James and the Giant peach, Charlie series, Danny the champion of the world.
Matilda has already been made into a movie and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is due to be released this summer starring the gifted Johnny Depp.

I love his work, any man who can think of names like Oompa Loompa, Fleshlumpeater,Bogtrotter,Trunchbull, snozzcumber, frobscottle is very difficult to resist. I also decided to make my list of favourite children books :
1. Noddy
2. Famous five
3. The Three detectives ( Jupiter joe, pete and Bob Andrews)
4. Danny the Champion of the world
5. The illustrated abridged versions of the classics ( I cant remember the publications, but they used to be these books with the illustration on the page facing the text. Used to love reading those in the balcony with some snacks after school and before 5pm play)
6. Now, Phillip Pullman
I cant think of too many others. Might just be me.

Thats enuf, am off to have some dinner at New College, right or left? (see BFG)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oy! Its three INVESTIGATORS, not detectives.