Friday, February 16

Patch test results

It is now confirmed that I am allergic to THIURAM. Thiruam is a compound used in rubber manufacturing and used as an accelerator(dont ask me what they do!). Anyway, it is a sensitiser, not an irritant and most often arises from exposure to shoes, gloves,masks, adhesives, rubber pillows. It most often causes allergic contact dermatitis, which is what it did to me.

Its not dangerous and I dont have a very serious allergy, so all is well.

Of course, it did mean that I went back home and vigourously rubbed off all the black marker markings on my back and soaked myself in a bath. After being tested for 64 standard compounds ranging from Potassium dichromate, Balsam of Peru(????) ,Fragrance mix,Tixocortol-21-pivalate,tea tree oil,sorbic acid and 4 different types of rubber mix! Amazing that my back can take all that. Anyway, thats that then.


This is the toxicity data on the substance - its not carcinogenic. but can cause other minor skin and respiratory system side effects.

No comments: