Tuesday, February 6

Patch Test

On monday, I went to the dermatologist for patch testing for my allergy. After much discussion and repeating my history for the umpteenth time( why dont doctors use the same file and read before they come in) to a new medic, we decided to do a patch test for rubber and other cosmetics etc.
I presumed this would be a small patch like a nicotine patch(I was thinking of a microarray plate) with small discs on it. Somewhere on my shoulder or something. I had read that they would be putting it on my back, but I still thought it would be small.
When the nurse told me that there were 90 patches, I was slightly stunned. I then realised that these patches were like an Amul chocolate bar( or rather a dairy milk bar - the big one with 12 blocks - you dont get them here). And there were 9 of them. So my back resembles some sort of cork board with lots of notes stuck up with sellotape.

I realise how paranoid schizos who believe that the govt has inserted a bug inside their hands must feel. I feel like tearing this out!! Its like quasimodo's hump! I have a sore neck just from trying to keep my back straight all the time.
I also cant excercise, water my back or do anything normal. Its very annoying. I know this country often has people who dont bathe, but I prefer to wet my back when I have a bath.

So, I am being tested for over 90 chemicals. I cant believe I dont have an allergy to even one of them. It must be a miracle if I dont.

Tomorrow, they take this annoyance off my back and I will know the results. If positive, I have to do a more extensive analysis. So, my back is their testing board for another two days. If negative, I shall soak myself in a hot bath!!

1 comment:

BeeDee said...

Good luck with the testing...and the bath!