Tuesday, May 13

am never going to finish....

Am totally depressed about writing this damn thesis. Have spent the whole of yesterday and today thinking about my stumbling block in chapter 5.
Having decided that I needed to have some concrete productivity, starting working on chapter 4 instead. I have been at work for the last 3 hours, only to have written my introduction.... 4 paragraphs (although annotated).

I hate this!! Am going back to being a doctor. No one cares whether you can write anything. Just need to learn how to scribble. Life was so much easier as a doctor, 18 hour days...no pressure...just needed to remember to give the right medicine.

(Sigh) I miss those days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the worst is over- it will be done and over with before you know it!

JoÃO said...

I don't know if you allow comments, but this idea of being a doctor is just denial. I bet that once you were there working a lot as a doctor you would miss the good old days of Berkeley and Oxford!
I'll be waiting on you posts from India, with some pictures, please.

BeeDee said...

of course it will get done. in a few weeks it will just seem like a bad nightmare. my suggestions for taking a break and sorting out one's head in order of preference:
a) the bong thing
b) the gym
c) pretending you're answering questions at a conference and having to explain that bit
d) sleep
e) discussing work with someone else- almost always a last resort.

i got stuck on two sentences for about 45 mins yesterday so i feel your pain. the research is always more fun than the writing up but worry not it shall soon be over!