Saturday, May 3

My thoughts on writing

Am off to Au Coquelet, the cafe 20 metres down the road from my place to spend some isolated time writing. I have soooo much writing to do, that I don't even know where to start.

I realise my problem with writing. It usually has to do with not having something fixed in my head. I realise that I can write a lot quickly when I know exactly what it is that I want to write about or my ultimate message and the writing style required of me.

Take for example, this post. There is no particular writing style I need to adhere to except my own. I know exactly what I am writing about which allows me to write these rants in double quick time.

My research proposal on the other hand is taking hours. I know what I want to do roughly. I don't know the exact details and I have no clue about the writing style.
My thesis is a different matter altogether. I don't know what to write about or the manner in which to write it, which basically leaves me thoroughly bored!

Anyway, there are many who read this blog who wish me well by often trying to kick my butt..and I shall repay their well measured shots by finishing this damn writing by the end of May.

Off..now..for coffee, tea and my computer.

No comments: