Saturday, July 22

Dennis Bergkamp retires

Its the end of an era! Dennis Bergkamp retires from Arsenal. He has had such an amazing record its amazing. I remember Bergkamp as this master of the football. He was so much like Henry is now for Arsenal,a talisman, a one-touch wonder with speed and vision.

The reason why he stands out in my memory is thanks to Rupert Murdoch. He began broadcasting Premiership football in India and I remember following names like Bergkamp, Beckham, Davids, Overmars. The great players of my generation. When I was growing up these were the players we emulated in our football matches!!

Anyway, Bergkamp always captured my imagination. Just his passing, his channels, he could cut a defence in two in a second. I loved Arsenal only because of him. Anyway, I cant feel the same of the club without Bergkamp.

The end of an era!! Goodbye and Goodluck.

1 comment:

BeeDee said...

emulated bergkamp eh?

also in his younger days before he went bald bergkamp wasn't too bad looking. that's why i liked watching him!!

p.s. ur blog readers are impatiently waiting for more gruesome photos to surface.