Friday, May 18

Scrivening Day 3

My new Thesis writing log. Day 3 began by waking up later than planned. Trip to lab was cancelled and the computer started.
Caffeine infusion brewed and position at table was taken up. One and a half hours later, nothing much was written but emails were sent.

The plan for the day was to finish the paper I am working on. I had a little bit of the results and M&M section to complete. After which I was to do the Discussion.
So far, I have completed the results section and am halfway through the Discussion. Had to go out into the park with coffee and three papers to think about my discussion plan. I noticed that it really helps if you can think of a structure to write or find some place to copy it from. I find that good papers are those with very good structure. I am using my second author paper as structure, which surely can only be classified as flattery and not plagiarism.

Should have the discussion down in another two hours or so after which jog in park. Then introduction followed by the difficult bit. References I need and then modify my discussion and results. Hopefully, by the end of the day I should have first draft of the whole thing done.

Tomorrow will be figure perfecting day and then writing the same results up for thesis.

1 comment:

BeeDee said...

this is all extremely organized and making me feel quite guilty :(

i think you need to be beaten at a game of boggle or two!