Friday, May 4

Two Faced

I wish I could have seen this match. It must have been frightfully difficult to play for both players although Federer must have found it more difficult. Swiss tennis God is intelligent enough to change his game when he plays on different surfaces whereas Spanish BullDozer (looks like a bull and his games put me to sleep) has the same game on every surface, which is why I suspect he won.

Interesting concept. Personally, I grew up on clay and for my old game I preferred clay but I then started to serve and volley and although never played on grass in India, Oxford spawned a new love affair with the grass.

Notwithstanding the fact that I would be throughly embarassed to watch myslef play now(my year long lay off stems from a horrible thrashing by North Oxford and a non-existent backhand), I still love to play on a good grass court. Its gorgeous!

One more thing I am going to miss.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

Hey, the match was quite good. If you want you can watch the whole match here Battle of the Surfaces. You would need a good internet connection though as its quite a large file and takes a bit of time to load. I think Rafa had the extra advantage of playing in front of home crowd, but i think he played pretty well nonetheless, literally "bulldozing" his way thru the 3 sets.