Thursday, May 24

Scrivening Day 9

Just finished draft of paper and have sent it to ARS,SG and AM for corrections. Hopefully, by next week to AVSH. Now, to get back to analysing data.

Day 8 was a six hour working day. Spent till 2pm working and then played a cricket match at the Magdalen ground. DT scored a lovely 120 with Aussie NL playing a solid supporting innings of 50 odd. Amazing partnership of 187 which is probably the highest for any wicket at Linacre but also for any wicket against Magdalen.

My meager contribution was a 10 run - 5 ball slog of the penultimate over. What frightened me was how unfit I was. After taking a brace of couples, I was gasping for breath and got out to a rank bad ball simply because I had no intention of running.
Must remind myself to write a post about English chat on a cricket field. The two best you tube videos on sledging are both from wicketkeepers. Shall post them soon.

No comments: