Tuesday, August 28

First Day of School

I felt like I was in class 10 or something walking down the corridors of MSVV. Had to wake up early in the morning and head off to class to find myself among 100 odd people in a big lecture theater listening to someone drone about statistics. Did remind me a lot of school, not college because I did pay attention to lectures in college at least for my first six months.

My next class in the Life Sciences department made me feel like I was in an American teen movie. Corridors with 18 year old kids carrying backpacks, folders, cool cliques forming in corners and multitudes of eager first day college kids desperate to get into the first row of the Dean's lecture or whatever. Totally surreal!!

The whole day was an ordeal. I hate lectures, I learn very little from sitting in a class although I learn very little if I don't attend classes. I realise that I don't study much outside class and am able to absorb most things if I pay attention in class. But, most lectures are trying, mind-numbing and are given by poor presenters - so its very hard to keep listening. 250B - which is Epidemiological methods is totally scary. The prof. reminds me of Dr.Ghosh - intimidating, frightening and intense. This is going to be a really tough semester.

I am hoping to take about 18 units + a language. Should be fine although I might drop a few classes if the load gets too much. The language class is really intense, I am on the waiting list and haven't been able to attend a class yet but it looks terribly hard work.

Overall, I think its going to be a fun year, doing classes..doing some research on the side and meeting interesting people. Have made some friends from my summer session classes and we hang out a fair bit,although I doubt whether we will have much chance to do so later.

Anyway, shall post some pictures once I upload about 150 MB of photos onto flickr!

No comments: