Tuesday, August 21

I cannot sleep. Its 2.30 am and I have been awake for the last hour and a half trying to put myself to bed by reading an Oscar Wilde play, watching bits of DCH on youtube and now by surfing the net.

In terms of what this means for me tomorrow, I don't know. I can only hope that SR wakes me up tomorrow morning. I am having general thoughts about residency programs and wondering whether I should apply this year or the next with a more powerful application. I need some publications which I hope will happen this year and the next and also some 2nd author ones with ARS. The problem I have now is competition with other PhD applicants who have some publications. JC suggested I do so and I cannot but think thats not a bad idea. The point being whether I would actually be better off take an extra year to decide about residency at all or whether I could get into something else in the meantime. It does mean that I would have to find some work that leads to CV enhancement next year, but I am sure I can find something.

I suspect what I will do is apply this year and see what happens. I don't want to get into a community hospital program but rather somewhere I could continue to do some research work. So, I partake in a cup of early morning tea and mull what lies ahead.... the choices are many, but perhaps only one correct one.

1 comment:

BeeDee said...

incidentally, the UK has just introduced its version of the OPT- you can work for one year without a visa, if you graduate post 1 May 2007. It's called an international graduate scheme. thought i'd let you know, in case you are looking for post docs and thinking of work permits etc.

on an utterly different note: do u get phuchkas at this chaat place??