Friday, December 9

Am back!

Hi! Am back from conference. Harrogate, Yorkshire is a archetypical Northern english town. I felt the difference only when I returned to oxford. In a fifteen minute cycle ride to the lab I saw more multi-cultural faces than I ever saw in three days at Harrogate.
Am really tired, especially as I headed straight to the lab after arriving in Oxford in the afternoon. I thought I was going to do an experiment with JTH but he is leaving Oxford abruptly and my plans of culturing DC's with him are gone for a toss. I still had lots of work to do so am stuck in the lab for another hour or so, after which I go home and crash!

Four successive nights of five-hour-sleeps, numerous G&T's and dancing has only served to place my liver and body under much stress, fun-filled but stress nonetheless. Never though that conferences would be so tiring.

Am off into the lab and shall write about my scientific (and other) experiences tomorrow.

My tickets for home have arrived in London today, so I think the excitement is just adding to my tiredness.

My new favourite song - Amarillo by Tony Christie. Its such a cheesy song.

1 comment:

BeeDee said...

welcome back :)

and see you soon!