Monday, December 5

Rajnikant

I was portering last night in college and decided to watch a Tamil movie to pass the time. I was supposed to be working on my articles and other sorts of things but really how could I pass up on a Southie flick?
I had no idea of the movie and also had no idea of the plot etc. It was a surprise to me as well. So, I began to watch and very soon I was in splits. Admittedly I was not watching one of the all time classics, but it was a Rajni special called "Batsha". The plot is the same as in any other Bollywood movie. Good normal guy turns mafia don because of too much oppression. New don has only one aim - to kill old don and relieve the world of tyranny. Anyway, in a "unpredictable" twist in the movie, we learn that the GOOD DON's father is the BAD DON's right hand man. With the second half of the movie in flashback the truth is revealed as to how GOOD DON extinguishes BAD DON's empire. BAD DON in a last ditch move before the police come to arrest him holds father as the sacrificial bait to GOOD DON. In the melodramatic DON confrontation FATHER sacrifices life for SON - but in return extracts promise of a changed life from SON. SON then shifts cities to MDS and becomes auto driver to be able to marry his sisters and educate his younger brother.

Anyway, to cut a long story short new SOFT AUTO DRIVER persona needs to bring back GOOD DON to kill BAD DON who was released from jail. In the end everyone is happy.

Great movie.. I dont think I could have watched it anywhere else except while being bored witless while portering. But RAJNI is another thing. What style, what charisma, what a MAN!

I cant wait for my next shift when I watch my next tamil movie.

No comments: