Sunday, December 4

London

Went down to London yesterday to attend the BMJ careers fair. They held it in Islington which is where JW lives, so had lunch with her at a really bad Thai restaurant. I ordered the Vegetable Hot Jungle Curry with rice, except it turned out to be a cross between rasam and sambhar with some ginger,coconut and without any dal! Ghastly stuff. There was oil floating at the top of the dish and it reminded me of my college mess.

Going back to college is really exciting. I am so looking forward to it - but have so much work to do before I go.

1. Finish and plan experiments - this includes VNA, RT-PCR's, bulk-ups and titers
2. Email and set up meetings with - VSC,Swami,NII,Arora,Mala aunty all in Delhi. MRC and TRC in Chennai. IISc and CCMB down south. SS in bombay. So lots of work to be done..before getting there.
3. Prepare talks and articles.
4. Read some epidemiology
5. Prepare my stomach for some dosai. Note to Amma - I want dosai on the day I land.Nothing else will suffice!
6. Buy gifts for people. This is the part I am truly dreading.

Also, need to have a look at finances to see how much I can actualy afford. I still havent recieved my pay from college for portering but I dont think it is going to be very substantial this month as I didnt do a lot.

But, it would be great to get the money from my tutoring before I left for India as I can then use that for gifts.

Either way its going to be a hectic Xmas and I cant wait for the new year!!!

No comments: