Tuesday, December 20

Havent blogged because, yes, you guessed it. I havent been in the dark room of Fox FM torture for the last couple of days. Today I am back in and starting off count from no.280.

Not much happening. Met Halim the other day. Has his transfer tomorrow so I hope it all goes ok. Traveled to London yesterday to pick up my tickets. My dear father who usually travels business class has booked the cheapest airline but the worst travel schedule for me. I pick up a 6.55am flight on the 31st( lets hope the X90 is running on New Year's Eve) to Vienna with a 3 hour layover and then travel to Mumbai from there. What time do I reach BOM? 11.55pm on the 31st!!!
YAY...(with all the sarcasm I can muster) theoretically I will be on land to bring in the New Year! Anyway, its fine as long as I get to go home. The little one is coming here but I am going to be swamped with work.

I need to (This is list-mania again):
1. set up a VNA
2. use MACS beads for ELISPOT
3. have one experiment to finish
4. clone and grow virus
5. challenge experiment

And..I have just deleted all the emails in my herald inbox. I cant think of anything important there.It was full of rubbish Rhodesmailing list stuff but there was some stuff which I needed. Damn!! Might have to go down to OUCS to ask them to retrieve stuff.

With Christmas coming, here's wishing everyone a merry Xmas!! I will never forget my Xmas last year - attending a course in East Ham in London. That place is a hell-hole and nothing else. I get so angry with Indian doctors who come all the way from India and live in miserable conditions in east ham, get exploited by their own countrymen in the UK and are too proud to go back home with nothing to show to their eagerly awaiting families. I know people who borrow upto 10-12 lakhs to come to the UK and linger here for a year or so without a job in the most pitiable conditions. Why would you subject yourself to a life like that?

So, Christmas last year was spent in Arjun's house in Russel Square with lots of alcohol, chocolate fondue and early mornings. I remember next to nothing of the time. I was spending 9-6 in class. Head back to Russel sq by 8ish and then spend the night whiling away time at night watching movies and attempting to finish the crate of wine bottles that Arjun had from BA.

It was idyllic! I felt awful at the end of the day and in the morning but what an experience.

Ok, shall head back to sample no.286!

No comments: