Monday, December 5

Am off to Harrogate tomorrow for BSI. Am presenting a poster. Really bad poster with very little data and nothing much to say. I really need to figure out what my story is going to be and pursue it over the next 6 or so months.

Woke up today morning in cold sweat. Realised that I have less than six months to go to get myself a job and step into the real world. After attending the BMJ career fair on Saturday I realised that I have a long way to go to get to the point where I can get myself a job. Its scary! Its also the first time in my life that I have no idea as to what I am going to be doing in the next year. I have always known what I am going to do next. It seems strange that I will no longer be a student same time next year, but the problem being that I dont have anything to do when my scholarship runs out. Where is my money going to come from? Where am I going to stay? what is my affliation going to be?

Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship,
My senses have been stripped, my hands can't feel to grip,
My toes too numb to step, wait only for my boot heels
To be wanderin'.
I'm ready to go anywhere

3 comments:

Rachael said...

;) Hang in there Saranya! That picture of what we're doing next isn't always so clear. That's the story that's always been my life. It'll all work out. I think I am going to follow your advice and stay in the States. I found a cool program at Tufts here in Boston that combines Biology with social welfare. The woman who started the program got her degrees in Oxford. I'm waiting to hear back from her. No prosthesis yet, appointment in the city tomorrow. Hopefully this time it's good news! Anyways, don't despair too much, you've got a lot to offer and whereever you end up will be the best place for you. Good luck with all of your work now, and remember you're brilliant, so whatever you need to figure out or get done will be. Well, take care, have to run to physio now (have moved up to the big weights now: 1.5 lbs!) ;) -- Rach

Bidi-K said...

Does seem like that at the end of PhD, but it will all work out at the end. This time next year you will be a happy person! Good luck with whatever you apply for, and enjoy your trip to India!

Saranya said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully, same time next year I will have something to do!
Right now, all I can think of is getting dosai with sambhar and coconut chutney for breakfast.