Saturday, December 24

Merry Xmas

Merry Xmas everyone. Hope you have a great day and a good year ahead of you!
Due to logistical reasons I shall not be celebrating New Year so please have an extra glass of wine and slice of cake for me.

As you can see, the arrival of The Little One, Xmas and my diminished excursions to the dark room have led to a decreased frequency in blogging. Will blog on boxing day as I am going to be sequestered in the dark room in a vain attempt to finish 150 samples in a day.
SP has invited me to see her husband do the Mummers play in headington quarry. Its a traditional english thing so might pop around from work for a bit.

The year has flown by and I must admit i cant remember anything. Last Xmas I was in east ham and london. the Tsunami struck and we were sitting in this small room with poor access to the net. Somehow it took us some time to really appreciate the scale and enormity of the disaster. We organised a tsunami fund raiser in February, had great fun with everyone then working like mad. March saw me working hard and April was my 25th B'day. Oxa was born in May, everyone had exams in June and July. July 7th bombings. Cricket and the Little one arrived in the summer. World Cup mania took over. The ashes were great fun and very exciting. Then there was Berlin and visa hell. Hurricane Katrina and George Best died. November saw me in Harrogate sampling the local pubs while learing about dendritic cells and co-stimulation.

And the last few weeks have been mayhem. No outside interest. Sleep, wake up, lab, eat, sleep.

So, for all those people who I should have emailed by now and wished and haven't because I am Mr. Procastinator and the laziest bum in the world - Merry Xmas and A Happy New Year!

No comments: